I love this recipe for three reasons: 1) pork is a less expensive meat to fill up all these boys’ tummies; 2) it looks so fancy on a plate, but is so quick and easy; and 3) it is unbelievably delicious! Recipe taken from MyRecipes.com.
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices pineapple
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine pork and 1 tablespoon juice; let stand 10 minutes. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pineapple and onion; cook 4 minutes on each side or until onion is tender. Coarsely chop pineapple and onion; combine in a medium bowl with remaining 2 teaspoons lime juice, jalapeño, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.